Sunday, February 8, 2015

Rest My Weary Head [REV.]

Had the most exhilarating weekend, my beloved
& I had a terrible argument as I read on the Net
President Obama’s a Muslim; my beloved claimed
he was not - I found many articles proving my point;
Obama always took the opposite side to everything
that Israel needed to survive - in the end I forgave
my dear, deluded husband for not understanding
what I meant: wide-eyed staring in silent horror


At Rex Harrison, Professor Henry Higgins in “My
Fair Lady” doing ballet as an eccentric millionaire
in the movie “Honeypot” - a young Maggie Smith,
Professor McGonagall in Harry Potter, unravelling
the riddle of a murder in this who-dun-it, but I knew
millionaires never dance doing pliés and jetées on
their beds, then power sharing interfered, the movie
cut out just before the doer of the dastardly deed


Was revealed; a profane electricity cut bemused and
disillusioned me, so my son offered me the use of his
bike; elated I jumped into saddle and set off to discover
my legs were too short to touch ground when I stopped -
I dived deftly rolling, earned my son’s admiration, and it
promptly cured my depression - my heart healed as I
realised it’s not my responsibility to save Israel from
Obama, meditation and prayer is all I can offer and my


Only responsibilities in life are compiling a production
report as the hapless incumbent of a translation post
in government + paying the bills of all the charlatans
who wasted my time preaching about the recovery
of my third-degree torn ligaments; my world is small
enough to rest my weary head…



[ORIGINAL:]

Spent the most exhilarating weekend, my beloved
and I had a terrible argument as I read on the Net
President Obama is a Muslim; my beloved claimed
he was not - I found many articles proving my point
Obama always took the opposite side to everything
that Israel needed to survive, in the end I had to for-
give my dear husband for not understanding what
I meant – then wide-eyed - staring in silence

At Rex Harrison, Professor Henry Higgins in "My
Fair Lady" doing ballet as an eccentric millionaire
in the movie "Honeypot" - a young Maggie Smith,
Professor McGonagall in Harry Potter, unravelling
the riddle of a murder in this who-dun-it, but I felt
millionaires never dance doing pliés and jetées on
their beds; power sharing interfered and the movie
cut out just before the doer of the dastardly deed

Could be revealed; a dastardly electricity cut left me
bemused and disillusioned - my son offered me the
use of his bike, elated I jumped on the saddle and set
off just to discover when I stopped my legs were too
short to touch the ground so I deftly dived and rolled
earning my son's admiration, thus promptly cured of
my depression, my heart healed as I realised it's not
my responsibility to save Israel from anyone

Meditation and prayer is all I can offer and my only
responsibilities in life are the compilation of a pro-
duction report as the hapless incumbent of a trans-
lation post in government and paying the bills of the
charlatans who wasted so much time preaching on
the recovery norm of my third-degree torn ligaments,
my world's small enough to rest my weary head…


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...