Thursday, November 9, 2017

Sing My Way Home [Rev]

I enjoy my caffè crema and walk in the sun with my
parasol; this is a beautiful umbrella festooned with
pictures from Frozen on which I hang scarves and
strings with beads, singing as I go, & accepting all
good things offered by the universe; I stare at the
lemon-&-lime green of the trees as seen through

New golden brown lenses; I enjoy a diamond-bright
silver sunlight shining through the leaves as I float in
our pool, happy & docile like a satisfied Crocodile; I
watch Pointless on BBC with my beloved & marvel
at the fact both my kids chose partners with names
beginning with an E: Estiaan & Eloise - & blessed

With allergies - fitting right in with me; I wonder at my
colleague’s sunny disposition which accords with her
surname Sonnekus: kissed-by-the-sun; I am amused
by our own Marie Antoinette’s declaring my artificial
flowers of deplorable taste; & see, she says, holding
coasters brought from home - good taste looks like

This; I nod hypocritically - real flowers now adorn my
desk - today I’ve two super-boring and POINTLESS
documents to translate, providing raison d’être as I’m
held safe by work, tho not starting asap, & as yet no
fear that I might get it wrong rears it’s ugly head; so I
am sitting here breathing in Velikovsky’s theories the

Universe is determined by electro-magnetic streams
& reading about the Establishment suppressing all the
evidence which supports that in our return to the Black
Middle Ages’ scholasticism; I’m happy & content with
peace in my heart - having survived the attempt on my
life I’m ready to sing my way home - leaving soon

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...