Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Brother Down Under

Where is your fighting spirit - I miss your angry
confabulations about all kinds of irksome poetic
devices and society’s more idiotic manifestations,
peace and forgiveness are good; but very boring
once we have been steeped in the syrup, sugar and
spice of loving, disembodied entities and so-called
higher intelligences

I’m oversaturated with their peace talks and have
no time to stalk the Internet for manifestations of
stupidity to be found there to one’s heart’s content;
no money to wade through more honeyed verses to
get to the ugly and mean; I’d better go look for a war
somewhere, overfilled with goodness we need the
bitter and sour for some balance

Have you raised a fist yet, such calm forbearance
as you’ve shown must sometimes be interspersed
with some rebellion, otherwise you’d turn into a saint,
and I can’t relate to saints at all - From a feisty Alice
in Challengeland…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...