Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Straight And Narrow

There we go, I’ve been on the straight and narrow,
didn’t eat the wrong stuff, didn’t drink too much, yet
my right foot hurts and my neck is stiff, lying down
is once again impossible, I’m tired, yet sleep is out
of the question, I’m not in the mood for more reading,
the soprano blaring on the radio is too much for me
and Nici is usurping the TV, my new notebook does
not look inviting – I want to sleep, to rest my weary
head on a pillow, but the pillows feel like stones and
the mattress is made of rock, I’m going to dig in my
home pharmacy and take one of every kind of pill
until something works or my body is carried out of
here – but with needles and pins in my toes and my
insides unstable like this, I can’t get through the night,
if worst comes to the worst, I’ll get sloshed; apparently
there is a dimension right around ours where the mind
of the unconscious roams, if we drink or take drugs,
our mind goes there, doesn’t sound fine, but anything
will be better than this, I hate it when I’m sitting still
but my insides are moving at a million miles per hour
while my head gest ready to implode, this is the height
of uncomfortable…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...