Sunday, December 29, 2013

Heroes Small Enough [REVISED]


A new James Bond film Skyfall surprised & inspired me,
I thought Daniel Craig could only play in terribly violent
films of the series - wrong, in this instalment he showed
devotion to duty & his stern boss, stiff-upper-lip lady M


Concepts of values, devotion to fatherland & loyalty to
principle always quicken my blood, make my heart beat
faster, confer meaning to life; having read of destitute
families after fire destroyed their homes and seeing


A TV program about a little Chinese girl with fatal, and
inoperable facial melanoma life was so sad - but James
Bond took care of it, watching 007’s adventures I feel
inspired to make a difference in my colleagues lives


I must confess Mandela’s life makes me feel devotional
& pious, but it is is too holy to inspire me; I feel small,
insignificant when confronted with forgiveness he showed
his jailers - I don’t see anyone following his example


Enemies still fight each other; yet James Bond holding
lady M as she lay dying, both remaining faithful to their
country in opposing the enemy agent trying to kill them
creates fiction enough to replace despair I feel seeing


Unconquerable, otherworldly morality set by a saintly
Nelson Mandela. Thank goodness for heroes small
enough to capture the fancy of us little people who
cannot forgive our enemies the way Mandela did

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...