Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Rolling Out Notes [Rev]


As the Snow-Queen admitted, the storm’s raging inside me,
the world forms the screen on which I project these feelings
clouding my spirit with inexpressible longing; it’s a harrowing
swim beneath deep emotions, tossed about without pause to
breathe - the surface such a long way off & I keep sinking -

Internal darkness becomes overwhelming, the storm is not
abating; as the hurricane’s origins are lost, wild winds can’t
stop throwing me about on land - I drown out the sound of
inane laughter, tumbling within the glow of spinning spirals
left by a bass guitar rolling out notes circling each other, my

Feelings inter-circle too, need to find new thoughts of deeds
and challenges to colour my monochrome, one-dimensional
life in mercurial dreams; life is stale after the grand finale of
dad’s death, his Stoicism as life ground to a halt, he was as
grand as a King and the accusations levelled against him all

Came to naught; proud, defiant he refused help until the end,
an adrenaline-event - taking leave of a glorious human being,
now an inner storm builds with waves of vague thought & un-
named feelings – thus I project my inner turmoil on work and
the quiet hours beyond…

[Wednesday 26 April 2017]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...