Thursday, June 22, 2017

Diary Notes - Friday 23 June 2017

Yesterday I was over the moon having finished navigating
my way through the Portuguese regulations, and voilà, after
handing it in for quality checking, I was rewarded with just
another Portuguese document for my pains, a cooperation
project between South Africa and Brazil, no legislation, no
formulations to be found on the Internet – and I was fazed,
stopped in my tracks, overcome –

Today I started making work-on-hand lists, positioning for
another gruelling Portuguese session. At least the universe
is making good use of my ability to become anxious & worry
about the next thing, double-guessing myself…

The need for colour turned to a severe aversion to pink
and my desk is surrounded with pastel blue, bright yellow
and lime-green; all the pink behind my back, this colour
scheme is resonating with the world so well at the moment.
It points to a poem, but we’ll see.

Feng Shui – the elevations to be able to stand and work
are a straight line now and my desk seems less crowded
and hopefully the positioning will facilitate work prowess.
BUT I’ve got a pink rose pinned to my blue and white top
so the pink factor cannot be discarded – don’t know why.

The necessary emotional gossamer has to be woven from
thoughts and feelings to keep my mind and heart safe when
tackling the next Portuguese mountain with its pitfalls and
deceptions…

We were asked to rename the building we’re moving to – at
present it’s called the “Van Wyk Louw Building”. thus I
suggested Xanadu, Shangri-La or Mabalel, tongue-in-cheek
or “Ratau” which means Lion – did think of “Lalapanzi”,
but it means “sleep well” & would not have worked at all…
I hope someone in the Renaming Team enjoyed this with me…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...