Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Try Again [REVISED]

I eat my unsweetened yoghurt with religious
fervour then wander down convict emergency
stairs in the new office building - desperately
trying to sing “Your Love” by Morricone - but
my voice can’t achieve my aspirations to soar -
frustrated I have to concentrate on the murder
case to be translated while my desire for free-
floating song remains unfulfilled: how I long to
rise with the notes unto heaven - and to float
down the street on a song spiralling in the air,
but such is not to be; I try to sing the song under
my breath in the passages without disturbing my
colleagues; you can imagine outcomes of that -
but still the desire for freedom of sound vibrating
through me is stronger than my rational faculty
and I run to the stairs to try again…

[Original 23 January 2018
Revised 24 January 2018]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...