Monday, February 5, 2018

A Feel-Good Thought [Rev]

Ergotamine scrunches up the ache in my head
while leaving pain intact in feet, shoulders and
neck; if negative thought is the cause, then the
ache will return, but if the cause is inflammatory
cells, the situation will get worse forcing me to
seek help from the most dangerous group of
professionals out there - with a license to kill

The medical fraternity, so well represented by
“House” as a modern Sherlock Holmes in the
TV series where patient killing’s the only way
to determine what’s wrong with him, whereas
Münchausen’s syndrome is a prime suspect -
my problem is food setting a smouldering fire
alight in my head: all illness is psychosomatic

In origin, a guru claims, smiling benevolently
at mankind; all pain stems from our thoughts
which explains why I feel better thinking that
at least I’m not in the Second World War, not
to be tortured and martyred for a good cause;
at least my thought process causing physical
pain doesn’t lead to people punishing me for

My inability to stop feeling unwell and THIS
is a feel-good thought…

[Monday 5 February 2018]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...