Thursday, March 7, 2019

My Only Fun [Revised]

I’m privileged, don’t have any real problems, sitting
in a dim office where lighting creates heat because
air-con doesn’t work & with a dim computer screen,
complaining about a bus not arriving while trying to
type long numeric lists - but time is standing still &
colleagues come & go: I know how lucky I am to

Be healthy and reasonably sane, passably rational
& to have almost enough common sense - so why
am I so dissatisfied? Ah, the answer is eating pop-
corn and butter chicken; being allergic those foods
put my brain out of whack - and now I am a wreck
and the damage is in my head, my mind’s a blank

My only fun is to visualise Judge Judy on TV with
an automatic assault rifle; when those idiots lie &
claim they’d no responsibility - I would don Judge
Judy’s garb and open fire on all refusing to admit
the truth of their guilt and wrong-doing; and I also
imagine being Father Brown sweetly extracting a

Long knife from my cassock to strike down every
hostile policeman, & Bishop, who dared call me a
meddling sleuth who must stay out of these crime
scene in the TV series - I see myself pedalling to
charge down the street on Father Brown’s bicycle
leaving just a lightning streak - but no, here I am

List waiting to appear on my computer screen and
popcorn stuck between my teeth - boredom is the
word to define this time-privileged moment I am in
but a better way to be is living a short but exciting
life - this long drawn-out repetitive routine is such
a bore today…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...