Monday, March 25, 2019

State Of Dreariness [Revised]

A guru claims there’ll always be pleasure in your mind -
yet some people have so little left we need escapism, or
hallucination to fill it’s pleasure deficit - today I’m calling
on Mozart to fill the blanks in my empty mind as I swing

between black outlines of reality, no colour or texture to
give meaning to what is happening with me - this lonely
office protagonist with just a boring list, & no company -
nobody to banter with & listen as I carp upon existence

Marie Antoinette permanently on the war-path means a
friendly pastor’s wife can’t be her kind-self, a Sword of
Separation poised over my head as Kissed-by-the-Sun
Fairy Sonnekus leaves in July, & thus I shall be left with

the querulous Queen and Hermien; already March & an
autumn-cool in noon & morning brings nostalgia - even
before the sad event - thus a sheen of sadness forms a
soft covering over everything, the world seems bleak &

unforgiving, happiness so fleeting, it deems a sacrilege
to give in to joy, & being cheerful to jolly people always
seems a charade offering the only respite from an inner
state of dreariness…

[Monday 25 March 2019]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...