Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Goodness Leads To Epiphany

I’ve been lucky enough to have my hair cut
by a complete idiot, on perceiving its quality
and texture she cut it in layers – now I have
nothing left, can’t create a style, looking like
an idiot myself, enough to spoil my day

Dishes first , then catching up on the work
of today, when the going got tough I couldn’t
find the right terms, frequent upsurges of ad-
renaline in getting angry at being frequently
interrupted by an inconsiderate colleague

Took my little powers of concentration away,
sitting like sardines in a tin can one can’t sit
back and enjoy solitude, leaving me no energy,
growing feverish and hot, once a kind surgeon
offered to remove one adrenal gland

To lessen the adrenaline rush cause by any
emotional change; saved by a second opinion
advising me to make peace with chronic head-
ache caused by my volatile nature, my only re-
course practicing self-control and subterfuge

The advantages are HUGE, a little goodness leads
to epiphany, so I’m willing to pay by suffering the
feverish anxiety caused by things going awry,
hiding the discomfort of fluctuating moods as
best I may

Never sure that I will be able to complete any job,
trying to create an upbeat mood superficially by
focusing on positive thoughts only, writing a
few poems during the day…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...