Friday, June 17, 2011

Keep Beauty I Love Alive

As life drags me along in a fast-moving stream
so I cannot afford to row against the tide or crash
into stationary boulders, I ask myself why do I
try to write little anecdotes and diary notes

A few critical voices assured me nobody would
ever read me as they found my epistles childish
and boring; I cried feeling useless – then read a
declaration on mankind’s search for beauty

And felt the need for beauty filling my heart, the
desire to write down beautiful thoughts and ideas
to take with me into eternity - I write to record
enchanting ideas on the tablets of my mind

Never to forget them, revisiting and rejoicing again;
others seeking realism reflecting their disgust with
life will find it elsewhere without me impinging on
them, no need to provide for the general palate

I wish to keep the beauty I love alive…


«Ballet on Tour» Nada Curcia-Prodanovic, illustrated
by Dusan Ristic; Oxford University Press 1972

Based on Miss Nina’s farewell speech to her
class - pp.129, 130:

“By serving your art faithfully, dancing
the best you can, without sparing energy
and effort, you will carry on the torch of
beauty, magic and poetry, which is badly
needed in this technological age of growing
coldness among people and their desperate
haste to acquire material possessions to the
detriment of their souls.

What can express man’s innermost being best?
Music, of course. Music and ballet – ballet is an
art to which you must dedicate yourself whole-
heartedly. Music, ballet and art in general are
necessary to quench man’s eternal thirst for
beauty, for some higher, nobler
meaning of life.”

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...