Thursday, January 16, 2014

Eternally [REVISED]

I am evil
as evil as can be
I am turning fifty three
and bad in your eyes
telling my son
no lies


He can come to me
if he is hungry but
my telling him was
the cardinal sin 
according to you
the clever one

Who knows what’s
going on - it is only
me who is stupid not
knowing when to
acknowledge your wisdom
and my idiocy


Oh well, so be it
that is all I have left
this life is empty, only
words and images in
my mind helped
me through


I never found true
reality and that is fine
all we ever retain is
in our memory and according
to yours and mine you
will doubt me eternally…


[16 January 2014]


[ORIGINAL:]

I am evil, as evil as can be, I am turning fifty three,
I am bad in your eyes, telling my son no lies, he can
come to me if he is hungry, but my telling him was
the cardinal sin – according to you, the clever one


Who knows what’s going on – it is only me who is
stupid, not knowing when to acknowledge your
wisdom and my stupidity – oh well, so be it, that
is all I have left – this life is empty


Only words and images in my mind helped me
through – I never found true reality and that is
fine – all we ever retain is in our memory – and
according to yours and mine


You will doubt me eternally…

[16 January 2014]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...