Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ideas I Love [Footnotes]

Emulating the lives of reformers is a doomed,
dead-end project, can’t meet requirements to
become altruistic, dreaming’s my thing, while
political meetings and making speeches isn’t


Paralysed by feelings of incompetence, trying to let go
of fantasy to be realistic all the time to focus on worth-
while goals changed life into a desert of shame and
guilt and uncertainty, seeking for meaning


Since all attempts at being a better housewife and
cook and worker led to my losing the one thing in
which I used to excel: sharing feeling conveyed in
the expressions of those who dream


No more living in a dream world where everything
is symbolic of higher meaning and stories, such as
allegories and parables - living like an automaton,
a weak imitation of someone else; failed


But when I read everybody has a unique life tailor-
made for them - no-one can take over another’s role
and even when sleeping and dreaming, we are busy
making unique spiritual journeys -


I returned to my own fantasy land and felt the joy of
a homecoming to myself, delighted by the symbolism
of crystal containers reflecting the sun like silvery
ice-castles with reigning snow queens


Where tableaus of dream characters fill the spaces in a
holographic world and the universe is a magnificent
multi-faceted jewel without space and time, living
in an infinite now which never stays the same


THIS I can do: trying to describe the warmth and love
engendered by vibrations creating colourful shapes and
rhythmic sounds - or the pain and suffering caused 
by the inability to feel the events we cause


Let me meditate on ideas I love, images of humanity
within magnificent environments with a variety of
superimposed worlds  - always reaching out to and
strengthening each other

[30 January 2014]


[Footnotes to explain the shorter poem, "A Tailor-Made Life"]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...