Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Forgive His Hatred [REVISED]

Tried to stay quiet on Public Prosecutor Percy Yutar
in his vindictive case against Nelson Mandela at the
Rivonia Trial, tried to say nothing about his malefic
rancour, sneering comments and smarmy, crawling
obeisance to the presiding judge

Mandela’s ascension to the Presidency destroyed
his reputation; I thought it punished him enough as
an invitation to reconcile with a former enemy could
not save him - wanted to be magnanimous towards
Yutar but reading how he revelled in public shows

Dragged attention to himself, sent team members
to work behind scenes while he preened, strutted,
& posed uttering falsetto cries vilifying the accused,
failing to realise Mandela’s integrity showed him up
for the petty sot he was; reading how he crowned

Himself PR King - there I lost all sympathy for him -
I never felt it for Haman preparing gallows for his foe
Mordecai in the Book of Esther - Yutar had prepared
gallows for all accused, tried to imply later he saved
them when it was international pressure that did

I demurred on reading of the petty meanness used
in presenting his flimsy case, even if had he faced
demons its nastiness would have left me aghast;
he lived in impenetrable fog of racial prejudice &
political hatred for ANC and communist alike  -

He should have learned from Haman where the
punishment he proffered for Mordecai was visited
upon himself; may I forgive Yutar his hatred lest I
suffer the same fate …

[6 March 2014]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...