Sunday, September 28, 2014

Eternal Silence

Been on leave for 3 days - saw elephants, giraffes
and hippopotami in their natural state, floated in a
splash pool - like a mermaid - to escape dry heat
and even drier trees as well as grey elephant grass


Enjoyed freedom to be bored and think my own
thoughts, now back in reality and being assured
my conversation unwelcome unless I stick to the
list of acceptable subjects – well, with emotion


And sentiment forbidden, I feel more depressed –
but in no way can express this; after unpacking I
came to the study where strings of sea-shells and
rose perfume await, pink flowers against curtains


Imitation dewdrop strings in transparent enchantment
against the windows, a pink fairy on a tree stump and
sliver glitter on white scarves reflecting the light ever
so slightly, two miniature mermaids in Delft blue on


A mirror, an elf with purple wings and another fairy
restored after breaking both her legs; thus the effect
of curtains in brown and beige negated I can rest my

mind in my own lair – yes, I feel negative and shall

Drink herbal tea to improve and yes, a throbbing head-
ache is developing so let me attend to these and stop
feeling like a martyr - and preserve the eternal silence
that keeps everyone happy in my vicinity…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...