Friday, May 1, 2015

And I Sigh [REV.]

My young colleague fretfully expresses fear,
fear of crocodiles in the river near her home,
fear when she’s alone of criminals conniving
in the night, fear of events going astray and
I remind her of her faith in the Lord, the Bible
verses on her board, how faith works, never
to doubt as worry hails misfortune; it strikes
me that I fear no outside thing, my only fear
is my incompetence; the universe I trust is
loving and intelligent - only I’m not because
of something within, a mental block making
me incapable of realising potential - fear to
reveal how inanely short I fall of high ideals
and how ignored my aspirations are while I
live out my little life - and I sigh…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...