Monday, June 22, 2015

Cascade Lace [REV.]

That forlorn figure in the sea and that
forlorn figure on the beach, that’s me,
wishing to bathe in warm waves - but
reduced to watching lattices of white
candy-floss forming cascade lace at
my feet: rocks make it impossible to
risk life & limb & I remain planted on
the beach, perceiving breakers form
candy-floss lattices of cascade lace…


[2nd version:]

That forlorn figure in the sea,
that forlorn figure on the beach –
that is me, wishing to bathe in
the warm waves – but reduced to
watching lattices of white candy-
floss cascade lace forming around
my feet: rocks making it impossible
to risk life and limb and I remain
just planted on the beach, watching
breakers form lattices of white
candy-floss cascade lace…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...