Thursday, August 27, 2015

Friendship Never Ends

I get feedback on my translation: You
confused oral, verbal and vocal (I still
don’t know the difference, but confess
it not), you added full-stops where we
needed none (I followed the English
source text – but apparently that’s a
mistake, one should be consequent


The rest of the tables have none)  so
with the mantle of guilt firmly affixed
to my frame, carrying the whole world
on my shoulders so Hercules go free,
pushing Sisyphus’ boulder up the hill
giving him a break; being the guilty
party breaking translation protocol –


Why is it I never hand in something my
dear colleagues’ like; why do I have to
receive criticism for my daily bread –
how then shall I lift up my head, look
up to the sun; the only thing left is to
smile within the warmth of my African
friends for whom friendship never ends…


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...