Thursday, August 6, 2015

My Real Hero

So let all the people proclaim that a higher purpose
has been served - rummaging through books at my
bookstore led to a favourite, Velikovsky’s ‘Ages in
Chaos’ - which I desired passionately, and to add

Dessert to the substantial meal served by his tome,
there’s also ‘Thief of Time’ by Terry Pratchett, which
I love, reminding me of my melodious guru Lobsang
Rampa; - and the cherry on top brings in Susan,

Death’s unwilling granddaughter and a reincarnation
of an unstoppable Mary Poppins - while an Eternally
Surprised Wen’s sweet Lady Time makes an elegant
“Audrey Hepburnesque” appearance;

These wonderful things framed within ideas of time
wound & unwinding on prayer wheels, is a course
so full of variety it almost out-ranks my real hero,
Velikovsky, himself!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...