Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Lonely Day [Rev]

The morning bloomed with hope and possibility as
I did the laundry - but as the day wore on, all came
to naught: clothes put away, went to the pharmacy -
and that’s it, nothing more in this day, no chocolate,
cake or sweets, no conversation as you prefer to sit
on your lonely, self-righteous cloud, angry at life


For sending a hail storm yesterday & a tree falling -
how dare it spoil YOUR holiday - and from then on
your tenterhooks waiting to get a tree-cutting team
to clear up the mess, doing nothing else, being in
an operational mode you say, & stay on your dark,
angry cloud; ignoring everyone else - I read the


Newspaper, every sad word about Zulu King Zuma
wildly appointing Ministers of Finance & recession,
no words of yours wasted on me except remarks on
he dustbin overflowing - that’s deep, that is - so the
lonely day passes away….

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...