Sunday, July 3, 2016

Spinning New Patterns (R)

The titles say it all - Hamburger’s House of Horrors,
A Kettle Full Of Magic, Worlds Apart, The Ghost And
Bertie Baggins, The Emma Dilemma & The TV Time
Travellers; no detective novel with graphic, shocking
descriptions of crimes too gruesome to contemplate
such as delight our translators, books - not crimes

as such; no acclaimed and prescribed prize-winning
novels by prestigious authors without morals whose
attitudes I don’t wish to examine nor experience as I
respect people’s rights to like whatever they want &
honour their decisions to make war, commit crimes,
gossip & be nasty - but I admire beauty and people

scaling new heights… Emotions - curiosity; desire,
anger & hatred land people in exciting, challenging
situations - whereas the laid-back attitudes of calm
philosophers lead to routines & administration, so I
prefer stories for kids that strengthen faith in – and
attract – goodness: reading indiscriminately led

me to sad times & places - I adore fantasy books
spinning new patterns with shining, dancing terms,
never again to be caught in the snares of cynical
authors mocking their readers…


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...