Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Off I Go [Rev]

Today I’m in-between dreams, trying to teach
the Little Alien in my mind that I’m old enough
to play the role of a Witch, big nose and warts,
but he refuses & conjures a mermaid singing
an beguiling song of still being a fairy queen or
if that’s too much, a ballerina balanced on the
cusp between flying fairies and ballet dancers
soaring through the air taking off on their toes;
my witch-project to provide me with a second
skin, and to try to be aloof AT people, doesn’t

Gain the cooperation of the Little Alien; even
trying to imagine me as Granny Weatherwax
going borrowing through eagle eyes - does
not cut the ice, my credit card balance sheet
tells a story of dreams buying black lace and
scarves for my witch-scenario so that I can
redefine myself, yet the Alien only whispers
Susan Death in my ear - happily he dances
away waving pages of my favourite Terry
Pratchett books, and immediately I become

A member of the Disc World fraternity since
the wonder of the magic world’s too enticing
to withstand; as I remember Tiffany learning
witching and her disappointment when she
discovers that it consists of menial jobs and
illusions, my heart follows the Alien and soon
I’m a fairy floating over to Pixie Dell to watch
Tinkerbell restoring the Moon Stone with a
diamond-laser focused light and the hard,
black outline of this world disappears as my

Translucent wings unfold - and off I go…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...