Saturday, December 17, 2016

Queen And Duchess

My Duchess drove many miles to bring me to visit
our parents, the musical Queen of Hearts & Conan,
the becalmed Barbarian, then my strange Duchess
played loud electric-singing-voice notes on the key-
board drowning our conversation, the next morning
we returned to my parents and once again

My Duchess serenaded us with keyboard-voice-songs,
we could not converse & astonished I asked the Queen
of Hearts what could be the meaning of this & she replied
I should block the noise by a mental firewall like she did -
claiming she CONTROLS her world by means of LOVE
& reaps great rewards, but I thought - her love

Had no control over the Duchess - more likely made her
worse, then ‘playfully’ the Queen proposed a longer stay
sending Scorpio and my son home alone so I could sing
in her concert that night, taking the bus home afterwards
trying to use her Queenly LOVE to control her world while
such irrational plans have no hold over me

Why stay when my Duchess made rational conversation
impossible and the Queen condoned her bad manners &
lack of protocol – how unpleasant; when Scorpio stopped
to pick me up the Queen ‘lovingly’ tried her control again
insisting he stays for coffee, but he is strong and refused
any claims on his time wanting to finish a trip

Of 6 hundred miles and we left, the Queen of Hearts and
my Duchess probably complaining their different attempts
to manipulate Scorpio & me had no effect - I hope that my
Duchess learns to respect quiet conversation & my Queen
learns love is not a controlling mechanism - love should be
offered without trying to force others to submit

Only Conan, my dad, acted with quiet grace and thanked
Scorpio, Lord and Master of the Crocodile Castle, for taking
loving care of his grandson and daughter...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...