Thursday, December 1, 2016

Beloved By The Gods

I am the beloved of the gods, only those cherished
by the gods get to see such a sunset where clouds
glow in Baroque glory of cherubs held within golden
curlicues while the grass is glowing as if glass lights
shine from below just as the sun god’s golden touch
is covering the rest of the sky and this is clear:

I must tell the world, right here in this place on this
spot at this moment in time, I feel that we, my dog
and I, are the beloved of the gods; the terrible heat
today brought about thunder and built a palace of
clouds - with my heroine dancing a tango I waited
and here it is - a short burst of rain that opened

The curtain of life to show delicately framed cameos
of bright blue sky framed by images of mighty angels
created by swirling lines woven by clouds; what else
can I think - the beauty of it: I have to be the beloved
of the gods to be offered such a glorious scene…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...