Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Saintly Sisters

It’s amazing that the Killer Sisters Self-Righteous
and Strange-Love know they are Infallible and
possess Ineffable Information that can never be
accessed by little Postulants like me, they can
even tell me HOW my eyes perceive regardless
of my own experience, they contradict everything
I claim because they know best, I’m just a happy-
go-lucky Candide who can only regard these two
Prodigies with admiration as all arcane, esoteric
&mystic knowledge is at their fingertips and their

Hard-working hands and clear minds know of no
obstacle they can’t overcome, to be near them
is to experience Magnetic Rays of Supernatural
Ability and all that’s left is to genuflect and fall
on one’s stomach as subjects did in the Musical
The King of Siam and - I let down my guard and
our Chief saw my glasses fastened with Prestik
to my nose, he appealed to the Occult Sisters
to confirm that I looked like a clown and they,
blessed be their saintly presence, kindly smiled

And condescended to explain to little me that it’s
impossible for my sight to improve by pushing
my reading glasses higher up on my nose and
keep it there with Prestik, my explanation of
the effect of Lasik-treatment firmly rejected as
the ravings of a lunatic and after their kindness
in explaining my idiot theory away, turned back
to their desks in a great show of industriousness,
suitably impressed I turned back also - secretly
adjusting glasses again since the magnificence

Of their magnanimous beneficence failed to
change my eyesight, I do not blame them for
my failing to comply with their diagnosis of
reality, a foolish clown like me is just a little
postulant who knows nothing, a Candide who
can’t satisfy the Saintly Sisters of our Sanctuary


[Tuesday 2 February 2017

The Saintly Killer Sisters told ME what’s going on with
my eyes, wiping every sensation and observation I have
and have made, from the table – they know best and always
will. Isn’t it great to be Candide admiring their
Ineffable Presence?]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...