Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Rise On Marzipan

Nutcracker Ballet: French Marzipan
I’m dangerously, totally addicted to sugar, started
this morning with a killer headache - neck skew -
head a steel grey clamp constricting earth - then
I shuffled, lurched and stomped to a shop to buy
3 big chocolate bars with toffee, peppermint crisp
and crisped rice, ate half of each & the headache
left like the devil upon meeting arch-angel Gabriel

Maybe this is not addiction, just casting out the bitter
pain-spirits by chocolate sweet, all attempts to wean
me failed - this is a sign that my guardian angels are
called by the delight of chocolates - I shall no longer
fight this strange need for something chocolaty and
sweet - so be it, it’s my survival kit & has been since
I was a kid and ate sugar by the handful; life to me

Was an unbearably bitter medicine and a spoonful
of sugar was never enough to help the medicine go
down as I needed mountains of sugar to help me
through the travails of reality, my vision is to rise
on Marzipan and Sugar Plum…

Nutcracker Ballet: French Marzipan


Nutcracker Ballet: Spanish Chocolate

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...