Thursday, May 10, 2018

Regret [R]

And thus I’ve got the right to sing the blues
‘coz I’m brain-damaged & due to substance
abuse I often sleep on the cold hard tiles feet
freezing while wheezing with a blocked nose;
yet I’ve had to live with open contempt of our
local Marie Antoinette & painfully swathed in

Tight shoes slit for inflammation relief I well
know what an alligator feels like achompin’
on my legs when muscle spasms increase
as I stomp down the street - shocked people
stop & stare - they sympathise while I pass,
humming to myself, shrivelled left arm

Carrying my heavy bag day by day; yup -
singin’ the blues comes naturally to me, my
life is regret for misuse of time gone by

[Thursday 10 May 2018]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...