Wednesday, May 23, 2018

The Larger Scheme


Time to make my peace with who I am, face a
reality I was unaware of & later ignored when
realisation dawned subliminally - then fought
by diving into dreams: I’m not blessed with a
talent to make friends & defining friendship
as a moral duty for eternity, is not helping

Looking at the bleak, expressionless faces of
colleagues who have no desire to speak on
this winter morn’, has me duly chastised and
chagrined by the taciturn coldness of these
dedicated minions of the translating trade
who righteously disdain my incongruent

Mind; after confessing this I move from sad
to angry for failing to belong among exalted
intellectual beings who can’t bear the idea
of a weirdo in their midst; but I’ll meditate
upon the Eastern holy men walled up for
years to reach new spiritual insights –

Proving physical appearance meaningless
in the larger scheme of things…

[Wednesday 23 May 2018]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...