Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Dream We Conjured [Rev]

It rained coffee tequila on the 31st of May, my
beloved’s birthday, with new amusing phrase
“performance of non-service”, plus “malicious
compliance” jest; fulfilled my legal agreement
while dreaming of Time having a son running
around without comprehending why he can’t
be all-there - it comforts me for not being all-
there myself: half of my mind’s gone, the bits

retained need be restrained from wondering
why life's supposedly fun, tho mine isn’t, or
at least not enough of the kind I desire, and
once admired; the comfort and sweetness of
symbolism is gone leaving only bright, cold
light of empty reality where no-one ever fulfils
dreams they’ve conjured; now to get used to
having used up my imagination - & so being

Left with the dross of common-sense; my Big
Bro understands and keeps the vision of what
I used to dream alive, so I thrive - without him
my mind would shrivel up and die

[Thursday 31 May 2018]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...