Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Fantasies

Carine floating in and out of happy fantasies,
she and I in Australia, she explained, asked
me whether it was my first time abroad, pro-
mised we would go to England next; asked
to go home for the weekend

Dreamily declared Tom Cruise and his wife
came visiting, she was delighted to see them,
said we should go on a sea-side holiday, she
was going to take two weeks’ leave, adding
she felt ill, wanted to sleep

I said yes, just stay in hospital until your knee
is fixed then we shall have a jolly time at home,
all making merry with lots of laughs, she smiled
before dozing off, still holding my hand…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...