Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Muscles Tightening

Carine already told Nico’s niece, Lee, she wanted
to visit her in Dubai – to get over Nico, the funeral
was some weeks ago - her subconscious knows –
she said this while hallucinating - only her ego still
has to accept this fact, her inner being has been
appraised; painful acceptance comes afterwards
as everyone knows who ever lost a loved one

Listening to incessant talking, mother in pain, the
fourth disc in her back slipped, compressed nerves,
doctor said take anti-depressants to interfere with
brain processing pain; state hospital cannot deal
with her case - from there to Carine, complaining
neck hurts, feeling uncomfortable; back to surgery
for implants in her leg, cannot eat or drink

Doctor told mother, seventy-seven, fusion of the
fourth disc cannot be done easily, should she be
paralysed eventually, surgery is an option, until
then only pain medication – Carine pulled at the
cast holding her broken neck, the nurse bound
her hands, flailing like a prisoner, release me
please; and I did, could not see her suffering

Late afternoon my progress monitored by Johnny
at DBC*, then exercises at Inch by Inch, & Tiaan
called Mom, finished playing rugby today, please
come and get me; I jumped up, got ready then he
called No problem, dad’s on his way, I went back
to the exercises - muscles tightening
around my mouth…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...