Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wait

Now you insist it is her right to know about her
loss, is it her right or her duty? Why won’t you
wait until the physical discomfort is less and
she can face the enormity of death

Why force the duty of ice-cold, pitch-black, blood-
curdling knowing of the loss of her loved one on
her now, give her time to adjust to her new
situation, to catch her breath

People believe it is our moral duty to know and
to suffer, you will extinguish her hope, rub salts
in wounds which are still achingly raw; pain is
our birthright, suffering our first obligation

Please leave her in peace until she has healed,
then trouble her soul with the shock of death
and loss…


[I would hit someone who brought me bad news before
I was ready for it, just so you know; so don't try
to play messenger all the time - my motto is:
"Kill the messenger!"]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...