Monday, April 7, 2014

Without Memorable Quotes – 2 [REVISED]

Never A Moment To Breathe


Dear Michelle, thank you kindly for lending me
“Raising Steam” it’s so lovely seeing Moist Von
Lipwig married to Adora Belle who is running her
own clacks company while he has to charm the
rich into accepting this new steam technology

That Vetinari became the most secretive stoker of
all time - and planted a substitute in his office - is a
most unexpected twist; that Drumknott becomes a
steam locomotive aficionado is yet another thrill,
“Surprised Reader the Stupefied am I”

It’s all pure fairytale with everything working out
perfectly and all living happily ever after, though
I miss Pratchett’s buoyant comic philosophising
which I treasured in previous books; was Terry
so excited by his theme he’d no time to stop,

Extrapolate into the magic of quantum theory?
The story ran on like an unstoppable locomotive
in inevitable motion - no moment to breathe or
take stock of Disc World reality; one wondrous
symphony of exciting, perfect denouement

It’s amazing and overpowering - I appreciate your
kind gesture so much, wishing you a lovely day
in Merryhell - if it be possible, of course

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...