Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Audrey Hepburn [REV.]

Beautiful pictures of Audrey attached to
my Blogspot and sundry email messages
symbolic of my aspirations to seek inner
beauty, to emulate her sweet personality
since physical elegance is the domain of
highly intelligent youth & beauty queens
despairing self-respect & morality as well

As the discipline of a work ethic, but our
Madame La Pompadour -who denigrates
all equally- sent my supervisor an email
charging me with the felony of attaching
charming Audrey to an email confirming
an unofficial, undercover birthday meal
sent to six close work associates - she

Had my Supervisor censure my DARING
in attaching un-bureaucratic pictures that
desecrate ‘holy’ work emails - although I
never send any outside our section as it’s
closing down - furious I held my tongue
wondering what Audrey Hepburn would
have done - faced with this example of

Sanctimonious bureaucracy …

[23 July 2014]


[ORIGINAL:]
I love to attach pictures of elegant Audrey
to Blogspot and email as symbols of my
aspiration to seek inner beauty, to emulate
her sweet personality - as external beauty
is reserved for youth and beauty queens
with high intelligence who don’t care for

Self-respect, morality as well as a work
ethic - but then Madame La Pompadour
who humiliates all and sundry sent email
to my supervisor to denounce me for the
felony of attaching the beautiful Audrey
to an email sent to six special colleagues

Confirming an unofficial, rather forbidden
birthday meal; she ordered my boss to tell
me off for daring to attach an unbureacratic
picture which desecrate holy work emails –
which I never send outside as our section is
closing down – furious I held my tongue

Wondering what Audrey Hepburn would
have done faced with this example of
sanctimonious bureaucracy...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...