Thursday, November 6, 2014

Hold Him In Awe

After relaying the words of others today – a day in
which I did not take off my moon boot – not even
once, wearing a knee-high silk stocking one-size
fits all except me, I’ve got the ring mark to prove it


Today for the first time after getting the grey boot
3 weeks ago I did not even open the Velcro, finishing
my fragile-state translation more important than any-
thing else on earth, still sitting here not even opening


The boot at home - tomorrow a physiotherapist will
decide what exercises to do – a much needed gift
as I pass out from lack of energy in the office with-
out walking about - our security guard telling me


Tomorrow I must walk normally and my explaining
this is a six-weeks boot for torn ligaments grade 3,
luckily no operation but I have to take care, waiting
for my Beloved I hop into the road, crutch in hand


Knowing he’s impatient to get back into the flow of
traffic though he warns me to take care – yet he is
the one reason I take chances as I do not wish to
impose on his lofty highness too much - I laugh


He doesn’t even know how much I hold him in awe

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...