Monday, July 20, 2015

Carried Away (rev.)

The radio happily playing to itself, kettle bubbling
away cheerfully, TV prattling in rapid French - it’s
a wonderful melée of sound; but unfortunately I’m
house-bound, must see a dentist after filling loss
last night. Wrapped within an Africa-style blanket
while daintily sipping English tea - dieting means
lacking feeling, disinterested drifting on life’s sea


Shall go to the library, awaken interest & positive
sense; depressed, paying off credit - not working
while my teeth fall out, reality’s only function is to
dispense a trampoline for high jumping to reach
theories & dreams - but overspending & peeling
ceilings hold me down; when feeling well I’ll find
things I love - even playing at it is good enough


Anything putting rose-hued glasses on my eyes
will do; been lost in the seven dark nights of the
soul for too long to find happiness by not over-
indulging in food, must edit rhythm of life’s beat
to be in step with uplifting music; heart-strings
mouldy from disuse, wanting to vibrate to new
songs, ideas, plans - visions of excitement


Why didn’t it come - where did I lose feelings,
could it have been when my imagination was
bound - and how can it be freed without my
being carried away again…



[ORIGINAL:]
The radio happily playing to itself, the kettle 
cheerfully bubbling along, TV rattling away in
rapid French, a wonderful melée of sound; I’m
house-bound, must see a dentist - lost a filling
last night; Africa-style blanket around me while
daintily sipping English tea - dieting means lack
of feeling, drifting without interest on life’s sea


Shall go to the library to awaken interest & positive
feeling; I’m depressed, paying off credit not working
while my teeth are falling out, reality’s only function
is to provide a trampoline for jumping high to reach
theories and dreams - but overspending and peeling
ceilings hold me down; when feeling well I shall find
things I love - even playing at it is good enough –


Anything that puts rose-tinted glasses over my eyes
will do, I’ve been lost in the seven dark nights of the
soul for too long & must find happiness without over-
indulging in food - change the rhythm of life’s beat to
be in step with uplifting music, my heart-strings are
mouldy with disuse & want to vibrate to a new song,
find excitement in a new idea, a plan, a vision – 


Why doesn’t it come- where have I lost my feelings,
could it have been when my imagination was bound
- and how can everything be freed without my getting
carried away again…


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...