Sunday, July 13, 2008

By The Way, The Boks Won Yesterday

By the way, did I mention the Springboks triumphed over
the All Blacks yesterday – Saturday 12 July 2008? Maybe
you missed it, it seems so unimportant when you are not a
South African, and to a being from New Zealand it means
absolutely NOTHING – not defeat, indeed, only that the
referee was mad on his feet and the Boks played like men
demented; it only means that next time the Boks will be killed

But right now, to me it means peace in the home and joy
and delight; hubby is happy, singing like a nightingale,
all is beautiful, even the overcast weather, sport is the
barometer in my home, setting the tone for joy or pain,
hysterics or hallelujahs; I adore the Boks and their coach
when they win, while seeing each loss as a personal affront

Oh, did I mention, we won yesterday, in spite of the fact that
the referee was mad and the Boks played like lunatics –
that is, if hubby can be believed; and who am I
to question his authority?

Just see my smile – I think I smile in a superior way, but today,
I have reason to look down on the rest of the rugby world,
which doesn’t mean much in real terms, but in the eyes
of demented rugby fans, it spells the beginning and end
of the world – once again. Apocalypse was staved off
by our rugby heroes triumphant against
impossible odds!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...