Sunday, January 23, 2011

Leftover Delicacies

While everybody scrambled to collect leftover
delicacies after the kitchen tea, I collected the
abandoned flowers until Barbara got permission
to give all the flowers to me, locally known as
Barberton daisies glowing in burnished orange
tinged with yellow, mauve and hues of pink, I
was entranced as soon as I touched and smelt
the flowers upon receiving instruction to help
prepare posies of daisies and roses for each
guest, I had to cut the stems; felt a sense of
joy and wonderment as the beauty of glorious
flowers fill me as I worked, stopped making
irreverent remarks about frayed tempers and
let the feeling invade my senses until my mind
was centred on the sweet delight of being as
colour and beauty, sat down to meditate

Looked up and saw more people looking familiar
I am used to that, every time I see the bridegroom
I ask him from where do I know him and he denies
all previous acquaintance, when I saw more such
faces I accepted fate until I recognised Anne-Marie
my best friend at university, we were overjoyed, I
told her of my Internet fun and she filled me in on
her career and daughters, her sister Mariaan, is the
bridegroom’s mother and he is a carbon copy of her
father who stays with her and I shall see him at the
wedding and renew a lovely acquaintance

I was one of his favourites and he was one of mine;
I left the event with beautiful memories and burning
flowers knowing that life was more magical than
I could ever suspect…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...