Thursday, January 20, 2011

Travel Like a Bedouin

Making an appointment at an enormous grey
building stretching for miles, I have been there
before, after finding a parking spot which leaves
one tired and discouraged, one has to walk for
ages to find a booth to ask directions to a hall
where students register, then queue for hours
growing weak

Once I went there with wooden shoes and clack-
clack went up and down stairs, one of the lecturers
said my clonking shoes should be made to play a
tune; I never visit our version of Unseen University
yet this time there is no way to escape, I plan to
take a bag full of food and wear hiking boots,
carry cool-drinks and packets of

Carbohydrate-rich chips, park my car and take a
backpack and sleeping bag and begin the walkabout
looking for Theo Van Wyk Building, stop, eat and
sleep if the trip takes many hours - until I fulfil my
search for the Holy Grail; associating that building
with pain means I shall be better prepared than
Odysseus when he left on his Odyssey

Never again struggling on in growing fatigue – I
shall travel like a Bedouin carrying his whole
life with him!

Hmmm according to Witches Abroad it would be
best if I were to wear breeches and red boots and
carry a cat full of self-satisfied malevolence with
me, this way I would be assured of adventures
also…)

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...