Thursday, December 8, 2011

Blue Tango – taRAM!


Drove to work in a misty grey cloud of driving rain
enlivened by Leroy Anderson’s The Blue Tango played
loud, heart striving to rise from my chest, longing
to be the mischievous theme ‘taraTAtataTAra’ while the
more sedate main melody happily dances by itself
‘taratataRAtaaaaa, taratatatatataTAra’

I pulled off the street and sing along, this is the tango
I want to dance one day, arms bowsprite high, head
back, stepping with stiff legs held in the arms of Death
my favoured Discworld personality, I’ll offer him
time while dreaming of being Lady Time myself,
conquering life – taRAM!


The Blue Tango – Lyrics

First Performed in 1951
Lyrics Added in 1952

Here am I with you
In a world of blue
And we're dancing to the tango
we loved when first we met;
While the music plays,
we recall the days
when our love was a tune
that we couldn't soon forget
As I kiss your cheek,
we don't have to speak
The violins, like a choir,
express the desire
we used to know
not long ago
So just hold me tight
in your arms tonight,
And this BLUE TANGO will be
our thrilling memory of love.

http://leroyanderson.com/lyrics.php
www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...