Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Literary-Minded Cleverness (Revised)

Thank you for the tick oh Literary-Minded
Cleverness – it is not only your melodious
rhythmical poems I revere and eschew
to stay on the straight and narrow

But also writings by others that might
awaken emotional responses other than
humour, inspire spiritual or uplifting
ideas – many write poems ferociously

I dare not seek the music which your
poems flow apace, must avoid magic
which my ten o'clock break desires
reading beautiful soul-stirring stuff

Couldn’t return a sedate official to my
chair ready to tackle boring texts –
would be a sprite floating in space or
a mermaid in my mind, having fun

Unable to relate to ice-cold reality; are
you proud of my self-control at least,
consciously waiving short-term joy for a
salary to spend on my kids education?

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...