Friday, December 23, 2011

Searches for Persons

U-oh, private eye searches for missing persons,
a beautiful client tracking her first love refusing
to meet her, she switched to previous boyfriend
who reacted the same way

Leaving me with a thousand questions, an un-
solved mystery – what about this woman was
so abhorrent to her former acquaintance; why
is there is no answer -

Then the case of a strange woman’s look-
alike daughter dating her own unknown father
and the mother still shocked and reluctant to
spill the beans – Oh no

I had better return to more salubrious material,
these human interest stories trump the tabloids
for insoluble mysteries that spoil all my waking
moments…


‘The Man with the Turquoise Eye - True Stories of
a Private Eye’ – Norma Mott Tillman with David
Hunter; Rutledge Hill Press - 1995

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...