Friday, November 23, 2012

Your Humble Servant (Revised)

As a child I endured toothache pain stoically
practicing for persecution of difficult times as
Apostles in the Bible recommend, but today

I take antibiotics, accepting pain has no place
in fate chosen from future forks of a different
trouser leg of time; we are free to go any way

The gods knew I used earache to stay trouble-
free in translating my three documents, they
double-folded earache pain to make sure

Every work triumph has a price – uncomfortable
as the ear is, I’m thrilled by the deal, it is a dream
come true to do my work efficiently

Paying for such privilege in physical pain is apt –
makes me feel better about shortcomings, the
gods enjoy keeping me humble and quiet

Your humble servant as ever, that’s me!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...