Thursday, November 15, 2012

I Am Not Coherent Anymore

Now I’m the proud possessor of an iPod Shuffler in its small
box with purple disk and miniature apertures, I am bemused –
this resembles the little gold and white booklets I discovered
as a kid and used to play my version of ‘The Magic Flute’ by
making them into magical objects opening into the bewitched
worlds when presented to the guardians between this life and
their enchanted space

I cherished these booklets and now I have a small tablet which
plays music in my ears, another dream come true, switching on
the Shuffler I am thrown from Dean Martin’s crooning ‘Ma Bella
Mia’ to ‘The Merry Widow’ then straight into Strauss’ ‘Also Sprach
Zarathustra’, from there into ‘Ave Maria” sung by Lesley Garret and
Hoffman’s Tales - the chorus about 'Klein Zack' -back into ‘Das
Studium der Weiber ist schwer’

Then into a Prelude by Chopin - you’ll excuse me when I am not
coherent anymore, how can I be after this mélange reducing my
powers of concentration to nothing - I still hate Vivaldi when
his music crops up in between, you’ll notice I do not mention
it and any song which gets on my nerves – oh delightful life
that abounds with magic everywhere!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...