Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sleep Will Increase My Intelligence

Tonight I did my French homework. I spent the weekend in abject terror,
having ascertained that there is more work than can be completed before
the December holidays, and that I don’t know my French verbs – l’imparfait
does not come easily.

I finished reading The Long Earth by Terry Pratchett and his science-fiction-
writer friend yesterday. I’m sure that “Happy Landings” contains a few sinister
secrets – such as the murder of people with imperfections, that the trolls control
the people in some way and this is why they keep people from converging in large
numbers. All this will have to wait till the next book in the series. The book isn’t
perfect, but that is because two people are writing it and with a deadline in mind,
so it shows, but it is fun.

Today I was sleepy all day long and confessed I feel completely overwhelmed
right now. My beloved said bring your work home and I thought, bring the torture
home so I can feel scared all the time – but his confidence made me feel better.
Yet I still could not write a paragraph in l’imparfait, my attempt is pathetic.

We bought an e-pod for listening at work when the noise becomes too much in
the open-plan office – then discovered it is a “Shuffle” – the awful apparatus
shuffles my recorded CD’s, no choosing  the song when jumping forwards, only
random songs – how shall I find Obladi-Oblada when it is needed?

Oh well, with the hope that bringing my work home will help, I’m going to bed.
Tomorrow it is work-on-hand and the construction document to bring infra-
structure to Africa – my cup should be overflowing, if only my brain were clever
enough to master all these things – let me rest, maybe more sleep will increase
my intelligence…hah!

Sunday 11 November 2012

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...