Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Laughter of the Flowers



Paternoster and Cape Columbine in Namaqualand,
the Knersvlakte, Kamieskroon, Garies and Grootvlei
Pass, massed magenta daisies to counterpoint hard
sandstone lines, orange daisies in burnished copper
flames, pink king proteas enclosed by green trees,
the cliffs of high mountainsides in relief


The beauty of these images make me wish for the
ability to melt into the scene, to feel and hear the
laughter of the flowers, to convert the wonder of
this visual, tactile experience into words that pay
homage to their unique beauty, the only place on
earth where I can hear the flowers laughing


Tuesday 6 August 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...