Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Wisdom Be Praised [REVISED]


Wisdom Be Praised [REVISED]
The universe is a flower blooming, unfolding like growing
plants, unstoppable – and thank you for listening, giving
me a chance to think aloud, dreaming  about things with
which have an endearing air of wonderment and mystery…

*************************************

The whole gamut of my usual reading is gone – nothing
stops the Black Hole in my mind slurping up everything:
turning to Proverbs, a source that always helps, praising
Wisdom – to renew my search for Deep Insight

After trying it, the ideal of physical beauty seems worse
than chasing understanding because beautiful is never
beautiful enough, always falling short of the ideal; I much
prefer my mind’s Black Hole taking me on a Merry-Go-


Round of quests for the current Holy Grail or Golden Fleece
of whatever subject is most relevant to my present state of
mind – whereas some read a scholarly treatise on a subject
and the case is closed; I have to return to everything and


Dig for new insights gained by biologists, scientists and
astronomers’ ever-increasing discoveries. My boredom
threshold requires the whole gamut making me turn in
circles spiralling ever further -  forever gaining

Knowledge; just like planet earth moves spiralling in
circles around the sun – which is spiralling the centre of
the Milky Way – which is moving inexorably towards
a mysterious Great Attractor…


The universe is a flower blooming, unfolding like growing
plants, unstoppable – and thank you for listening, giving
me a chance to think aloud, dreaming  about things with
which have an endearing air of wonderment and mystery


                        **********************



[Summary of relevant points by Ronel OReilly]

"Nothing can fill the Black Hole in my mind.
It slurps up everything it is fed and then these things
disappear, never to surface again.
This makes me angry because I want to retrieve
these things from my mind's filing system, but NO, I
have to reread it if any insight is to be regained.

At my wits end, I turn to Proverbs,  the one source in which
I find solitude through my darkest times
where Wisdom is praised - and my search for wisdom
and insight is renewed.
Insight that led me to the conclusion
that chasing the ideal of physical beauty is WORSE than
chasing wisdom, insight, knowledge and understanding.

I prefer the Black Hole in my mind that takes me on a
Merry-Go-Round of quests for the current Holy Grail
and Golden Fleece of whatever subject seems the most
applicable to my present state of mind.
 It is MUCH easier and less painful than a quest for beauty.

I always return to things
search a new research, new insights within.
My boredom threshold requires the whole gamut - so I
turn in circles spiralling ever further, an evolution of
the mind, just like the earth moves in spiralling circles"



[Original essay on which poem is based:]
 
 
I have gone the whole gamut of my usual reading,
Terry Pratchett, my guru, the Internet, my own notes
and found that nothing filled the hole in my mind. I
used to think I have a hole in my heart, but it is a hole
in my mind – more specifically, a Black Hole that
slurps up everything it is fed and then these things
disappear, never to surface again.

I get really angry about this because I want to retrieve
these things from my mind’s filing system, but NO, I
have to reread it if any insight is to be regained. Thus,
at my wits end, I am turning to the one source I always
use to help me through the darkest times – Proverbs –
where Wisdom is praised – and my search for wisdom
and insight is renewed.

After trying various concepts, I came to the conclusion
that chasing the ideal of physical beauty is WORSE than
chasing wisdom, insight, knowledge and understanding.
Beautiful is never beautiful enough. It always falls short –
so the next time you try the makeup or the hairstyle or the
dress or the plastic surgery, it must be improved, it must
be better – and you know that it will still fall short of
your ideal! 

I prefer the Black Hole in my mind that takes me on a
Merry-Go-Round of quests for the current Holy Grail
and Golden Fleece of whatever subject seems the most
applicable to my present state of mind. It is MUCH easier
and less painful than a quest for beauty.

Whereas you, a great poet, read one definitive work on a
subject and the case is closed, I always return to things
and search a new research, new insights within it.

My boredom threshold requires the whole gamut – so I
turn in circles spiralling ever further, an evolution of
the mind, just like the earth moves in spiralling circles
around the sun which moves around the centre of the
Milky Way which moves towards the mysterious Great
Attractor…

The whole universe is blooming like a flower, unfolding
like growing plants, unstoppable – thank you for listening,
Big Bro, giving me a chance to think about things which
have an air of wonder and mystery…

http://www.biblegateway.com/

The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:

2 for gaining wisdom and instruction;
for understanding words of insight;
3 for receiving instruction in prudent behavior,
doing what is right and just and fair;
4 for giving prudence to those who are simple,[a]
knowledge and discretion to the young—
5 let the wise listen and add to their learning,
and let the discerning get guidance—
6 for understanding proverbs and parables,
the sayings and riddles of the wise.

BENEFITS OF WISDOM

2 … if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
2 turning your ear to WISDOM
and applying your heart to UNDERSTANDING—
3 indeed, if you call out for INSIGHT
and cry aloud for UNDERSTANDING,
4 and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for HIDDEN TREASURE…
……
9 Then you will understand what is RIGHT and JUST
and FAIR—every good path.
10 For WISDOM will enter your heart,
and KNOWLEDGE will be PLEASANT to your soul.
11 DISCRETION will PROTECT you,
and UNDERSTANDING will GUARD you.

Wednesday 7 August 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...