Saturday, November 30, 2013

What to do (REVISED)

Drove off in a flurry of bags and complaints, arrived in
the Karoo, felt soothed by mountains, the hardy veld,
small birds in yellow and red, a big fire to augment its
ambience, drove to the Cape, overcast, sea greenish
grey - we’re caught in work mode, my beach walk just
proved my legs are weak, worried about tomorrow as
feelings change, will old age bring more sorrow, then
you promised things will be different when your duty’s
done and you can relax, savour the moment - wishing
I could escape this ‘aegis’, wake up in a new mental
state; as my colleague said, we suffer from Stockholm
syndrome – unsure what to do with the new freedoms
holidays bring

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...